We all experience days where our energy levels are low. Days where you don’t feel like getting up from your bed. Days where you simply want to sit on the couch and watch your favorite movie. There’s nothing inherently wrong with wanting these things. We’re all human, and we all need to relax and spend time to decompress from our daily, hectic schedules.
Whether you’re at home or at work, it’s important to remember to fit in exercise to your daily routine. While it may seem as though 30 minutes is a lot, health professionals recommend that adults get at least 30 minutes of daily exercise in for health.
If you need a reminder about health benefits, take a look at this list and share it with your friends and loved ones for motivation!
1. Exercise to look and feel great. Not only does exercise keep you energized, it can also improve your posture, make your skin glow and tone your body. Exercise also acts to reduce the risk of different types of disease – everything ranging from heart disease to cancer and type 2 diabetes.
2. Exercise to lose weight. For many people, burning fat is a motivator especially as summer rolls around. Exercise burns fat and prevents fat storage as well.
3. Exercise to stay energized. Exercise can not only reduce your stress levels, but also ensures you feel less exhausted and ready to tackle any of your daily responsibilities. Start your day with a simple routine, or switch things up to get your 30 minutes in!
4. Exercise to sleep better and age slower. While it fuels your energy levels, exercise can also ensure that you get a good night’s rest. Be sure to catch at least 8 hours of sleep to get ready for the next day. Regular exercise has been linked to fighting aging and reducing inflammation as well.
5. Exercise to relieve different types of pain. By strengthening your muscles and focusing your energy on exercise, you can relieve all types of pain. Of course, it’s good to consult a physician and your Method Fitness personal trainer to get advice on what’s best for your body and health.
6. Exercise to stay happy and enjoy your lifestyle. As part of its many benefits, exercise has been proven to reduce depression, which can lead you to enjoy your lifestyle and fun activities with kids, family and friends.
7. Exercise to boost your confidence and to stay sharp. Staying on track with your fitness is a definite confidence booster as you notice visible results of your efforts. Be sure to monitor your routine, switch up exercises and keep with your goals for exercise. Exercise additionally helps cognitive functions – keeping you motivated and your mind sharp.
Jeff Cymbalski, CPT